It’s not unusual for your truck or trailers to become filthy with road debris following an off-road trip. A mud flap protects the fenders and the exterior car from stones and road grime, mud and other debris that could cause damage over the course of time.
However, it’s not easy to choose one based on the style material, styles, and sizes therefore you need to be aware when picking one.
This guide will tell you what of the best Hitch Mounted mud Flaps available is the best fit for your car.
Top 5 Best Hitch Mounted Mud Flaps 2022
1. The Rock Tamers Mudflap 01108
The rock-tamers’ Mudflap Systems featuring metal trim pieces is most advanced mudflap system that can be replaced with an adjustable size. It is designed specifically to offer your towing machine protection against damage caused by rocks, road tar, mud or any other road debris.
Rock Tamer’s hitch-mounted the mud flaps are made of durable components, top-quality materials and components. The hub and arms are constructed of heat-treated to create forged aluminum that is extremely strong. The strength of this product is due to its attractive matte black, powder-coated, UV-protected finish. They’re also resistant to corrosion.
These mud flaps made of heavy-duty are 3/8 inches thick and constructed with an anti-tear fabric layer. They measure 24.25 inches by 23.875 inches and offer excellent coverage. This product weighs 32.2 pounds. The mud flaps of Rock Tamer are able to be cut in any size by using pre-molded cut lines and are fitted with an anti-splash pattern on the side. The frame is made of stainless steel, with polished trim plates as well as the stainless steel hardware for mounting are included.
- Super robust and can be fitted to most size vehicles, ranging from small dually trucks to large ones.
- The overall width can be adjusted starting at 66.75 inches up to 95 inches.
- It is easily secured to all 2-inch ball mounts as well as hitch receivers.
- The Center hub is only required to have 1 inch of space on the shank of the ball mount.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- There is no drilling needed to install the hitch mounted mud flaps; Hub size: 67 1/4 inches – 96-3/4 inches.
- The best protection for towing vehicles.
- Durable, tear-resistant, and UV-resistant.
- No replacement options available.
- More expensive than other OEM-styles.
- The primary function is towing, not so much to be used for off-roading.
2. Access C100001 The Roctection
If you require hitch-mounted mud flaps that protect your boat, car or ATV, 5th-wheel trailer or snowmobile from rocks and road debris, this Access product could be the best solution for you. It comes with a variety of configurations that can accommodate boats, SUVs, as well as larger trailers and trucks. It certainly can offer the security you need while also enhancing your personal design.
Access is able to withstand regular usage due to its sturdy aluminum frame and flaps that are thick. Access C100001 Roctection Hitch Mounted mud Flaps are also weather-resistant permitting them to be used in extreme conditions. Not to mention the fact that they are resistant to corrosion.
The mud flaps consist of a thick layer of rubber to provide maximum protection. It’s designed to endure temperatures up to 200°F. It is therefore possible to utilize it any time you wish.
Additionally, the top layer is lightly smoothed, and composed of soft, durable rubber to stop ice and mud from adhering to or forming on it. Furthermore the assembly and installation is simple by pressing it onto the car’s ball mount. It also comes with the stabilizer plate to help ensure the frame is level and shields it from rock.
The trim plates of Access are able to be fixed with the black side and the other side being silver. When they are connected by mud flaps it creates a sturdy flap with a chic appearance. This item measures 24-by-12 inches. It is able to be altered and cut to fit your particular model needs and preferences. It weighs 28 pounds and measures 33 13×5 inches.
If you take these advantages into consideration You will definitely be able to get the most value for your money!
- Modern and timeless style.
- Sturdy, adjustable and with built-in stability, it keeps flaps stable on bumpy roads.
- Installation is simple and provides easy access on any 2 inches ball hitch.
- No-drill install.
- The design is universal and has features that fit all sizes of vehicles.
- Construction mud flaps in rubber and aluminum frames to ensure durability.
- Trim plates can be flipped according to your specific model requirements.
- Rustproof, weather-resistant, heat-resistant.
- Receiver pin and zinc-plated mounting hardware are included.
- Made in the USA.
- One year warranty.
- Other parts could be difficult to locate.
- The bolt heads could be able to touch the bumper, meaning they could scratch or scratch the bumper.
It is perfect for Ford F-250 Super duty and It’s perfect for the 2012 Chevy 3500 as well as more. (though it’s adjustable, you need to make sure that it is compatible to your vehicle and that you have enough space for it to fit between the front bumper and the receiver for the hitch prior to purchasing).
3. Access D100001 The Roctection
These Access Mud flaps are sure to offer the best security for your investments including boats, trailers and campers. It is also less expensive to shield them from the damage that is caused by rocks and road debris.
With these Access the mud flaps that are installed on your vehicle they will increase the value of your possessions and save money on repairs. The strength of the frame is not affected by its minimalist and stylish appearance. To ensure long-lasting durability the frame is constructed from zinc-plated aluminum. It is also rustproof, meaning it will last an extended period of time. Even if exposed to various circumstances, it won’t easily be damaged.
In addition, it allows you to gain access to the wiring, safety chains and receiver pins in a visual manner. Because the clamping mechanism can be adjusted, it’s easy to connect onto the ball mounting. It is also easy to remove the clamp by pulling the pin of the hitch receiver.
Furthermore Access rocks guards are light and feature thick rubber surfaces to stop the accumulation of ice and mud. They are also resistant to heat, and can withstand temperatures 200-200 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, it can still be adjusted to 40 degrees Fahrenheit. It is designed to be specific to your vehicle so that it will fit your car precisely.
It is made to fit on your trailer’s bumper and also act as a shield that helps deflect stones away from the thing you’re towing.
- Stops made of vinyl that are capped to make it easier for aligning of receiver pins.
- Rustproof steel frame, as well as mounting hardware.
- The height is 24”, they can be reshapeable and be cut to any length.
- Simple to set up and put in place within less than 20 minutes.
- The frame is durable and simple with a few frame features.
- Provides maximum protection from road debris flying and rocks.
- Attaches using an adjustable clamping system.
- Ideal for pickups and SUVs.
- One Year Limited guarantee.
- Inadequate fitting of the assembled components.
- Poor customer service.
4. Roadmaster 4400 RoadWing Mud Flaps
The Roadmaster mud flaps, also known as rock guards are made to be of top quality. They, along with other products of the same manufacturer have passed the toughest tests that ensures the best performance. This design guarantees it is certain that the mud flaps remain properly in place. Due to its double bolt anchor points, the design can do the job.
The channels inside are shaped to deflect gravel, road debris and other rocks. It shields the trailers you tow as well as your vehicle from being damaged. Additionally, it can be adapted enough to accommodate 2 inches receivers. It is designed to fit over the stinger of your towing bar and ball mount. It is also quickly attached and detached with set bolts.
In addition, the Roadwing Mud flaps measure approximately 24 by 24 inches they are ideal for vehicles that are full-sized. You can also reduce the flaps, thereby increasing its adaptability according to your vehicle’s particular needs. Roadmaster also offers models that can be used to accommodate two tire trucks, trailer motorhomes, trucks as well as full-size buses.
With all these advantages You can’t be disappointed using the Roadmaster 4400 RoadWing Mud Flaps. Since it is made by manufacturers, you will be certain of durability in safety, respect, and decency.
These mud flaps with hitch mounts are designed to fit full size pickups or trailer trucks. The dimensions of the box are 14.732 H by 199.390 L and 27.94 W. (centimeters). The weight total of the box will be 29.65 pounds.
Roadmaster Mud Flaps Installation guide (Video)
- It is suitable for all pickup trucks of full size or trailers.
- It is easy to install.
- Made from high-quality materials.
- Cut them to the height and length that is required by your vehicle’s specifications.
- Internal channels are grooved.
- It is secured by the help of double bolt attachment points.
- Easy to attach and remove features that are easy to attach and detach.
- Made in the USA.
- They can easily become damaged and rusted.
- They could be a little thin if you are planning to use them regularly.
5. Access A10100411 Rockstar XL Mud Flaps
The extended but Model Specific Rockstar mud flaps/rock guards with modified suspensions offer protection by keeping road debris away from the trailer boat as well as trailer vehicles.
This frame is custom-fit to give the full-size vehicles an authentic look, while giving you access to the hitch pin and wiring. They protect your cars, boats as well as snowmobiles, ATVs, as well as fifth-wheel trailers. The extra-wide design offers the most coverage than standard-sized mud flaps.
Also, read: 5 Best Trailer Hitch For Subaru Crosstrek
Mud flaps that access the mud protect the inside towards the mounting of the ball–ideal for regular truck or trailers that have been lifted or lower. The frame is matched to what your bumper’s contours are. The support flange connects to the middle step of the bumper to give stability.
The thick 1/2 inch tough, durable, smooth rubber mud flaps with hitch mounts provide better protection than conventional mud flaps. They prevent flapping and accumulation of mud and ice, maintain exhaust temperatures up to 250°F. The durability is assured by the rustproof aluminum body and the stainless steel framework.
Access your hitch pin as well as trailer connector via openings within the frame. Mud flap frames can be clamped to the ball 2” mount to make it easy to install. The mud flaps are joined to the frame using included hardware and feature a polished mill finish.
For 2 1/2 ball mounts for 2-1/2” ball mounts, an adapter (A81008 available as a separate item) can be purchased. To accommodate modified dual exhaust systems the heat shield (A80807 sold separately) is also available.
- These hitch-mounted muffles work with class 3 receivers.
- Work well with customized hitches.
- Unique Model Specific design.
- Rustproof aluminum has.
- Corners with a friendly radius.
- A heat shield option is available for dual exhaust.
- Custom rubber lengths are available for sizes.
- Easy One Tool assembly, no drilling required.
- Attaches using an adjustable clamping system.
- Diamond plate.
- A one-year extended warranty.
- It is made from the USA.
- Assembly can be a challenge for certain.
Also, read: A Complete Guide to Get Out Of the Mud Without a Winch
Things to Keep in Mind Before Purchasing the best Hitch Mounted Mud Flaps
When it comes to choosing the most suitable Hitch mounted mud flaps or rock guards/splash safeguards to protect your diesel vehicle and trailers, boats or full size vans or any other heavy vehicle, be sure to keep the following points in your thoughts.
Front or back Mud flaps
Mud flaps can be purchased in front-only, rear only, or as a set. Make sure you choose the correct anti-splash pattern for your boat or trailer according to your needs and knowledge of connecting them.
The last thing you’ll need to do is go back to the shop (or just wait to receive an email response) since your clay flaps don’t match your truck’s or boat’s make or model. The mud flaps of your vehicle, for instance could be totally different depending on the model of the vehicle you own.
The majority of the mud flaps are constructed from durable rubber. However there are some constructed of plastic too. The designs on plastic flaps are usually less than those on the more durable rubber ones.
Off roading at high speeds or with high winds won’t cause a lot of splash guards or mud flaps to blow backwards. The fender is kept clear of the elements and keeps your fender from getting damaged as is what you’re hoping to achieve by purchasing it.
Every company offers unique splash guards , or hitch-mounted mud flaps to show your passion. There are also designs that represent your country or your favorite sports team. Remember that the possibility of customizing the heavy-duty flaps of rubber will be more probable. The mud flaps made of plastic are likely to appear more standard, however they’ll still be able to do the job.
Also, check out: Pros and Cons of Mud Flaps
How do you Install Hitch mounted mud flaps? (Video)
Each of the mud flaps we’ve listed are top-quality but there’ll always be one that stands out over the others. We’re aware that there are many choices, only the finest hitch-mounted mud flaps are worthy of your price. We’ve provided top-quality products that have unique features on this list. Each one might be an excellent choice for you, however there is only one that will surely be a good fit for you, based on your needs and preferences.
The TheMudflap System by Rock Tamersis the top choice for us. It is because of its durability, simplicity to install and maintain and the extreme protection against rocks and road debris. In addition, it doesn’t require drilling for installation and can is compatible with to any vehicle with a gooseneck or larger vehicle. With its adjustable and expandable size to fit the specifications of your vehicle and other great attributes it is a essential item to have!
In any event, all of the available mud flaps are top quality. Whatever you decide to go with you’ll still receive an excellent price. After reading this far, you’ve got one in your mind. You can rest assured that you will be able to tow safely!